W-P-G provides expert witness testimony and workplace investigations as a cornerstone of its consulting practice. We provide expert witnesses trial testimony on workplace practices and the adequacy of workplace investigations conducted by others. Serving as an expert, our work is approximately 60% on behalf of plaintiffs and 40% on behalf of defendants.
W-P-G principals have conducted and supervised hundreds of workplace investigations and provide trial testimony in matters we have investigated. We offer the following services in the workplace investigation practice area:
- Investigation of harassment, discrimination, and other claims of workplace misconduct
- Investigation of grievances and other fact finding related to collective bargaining
- Investigation of employee under performance
- Strategic advice, coaching, and mentoring to all levels of management on conducting effective workplace investigations
- Group training on how to conduct an effective workplace investigation
- Second opinion assessments on options for successful resolution following a workplace investigation
- Advice on appropriate responses or disciplinary actions, if appropriate, following a workplace investigation
- Support in drafting management decisions and corporate communications, if any, following a workplace investigation
- Conciliation and mediation services
Outside investigators typically conduct a workplace investigation at a lower cost than one conducted by an attorney. Even so, to add value an outside investigator must be seasoned, trained in employment law, able to spot admissible evidence, and skilled in the assessment of witness credibility. That is the competitive advantage provided by W-P-G. Besides value based on cost, there are several other advantages to hiring an outside investigator.
W-P-G offers unmatched professionalism and experience in conducting workplace investigations. We have handled some of the most sensitive investigations imaginable, but we understand that pursuing the facts wherever they may lead need not leave behind the residue of scorched earth. We conduct investigations evenhandedly, respectfully, and in a manner that leaves the parties feeling heard and able to move forward once the matter is resolved.
W-P-G workplace investigation reports deliver well written, thoroughly documented, findings of fact. At the client's option, our report will offer conclusions and recommendations. And, should the matter culminate in litigation, W-P-G principals are very experienced and effective trial witnesses.